Tres Dias was derived from Cursillo de Christianidad, a “short course in Christianity”, which has been active in church renewal since it’s beginnings in Spain in the 1940’s. Translated from Spanish Tres Dias means “Three Days”. Tres Dias is an inter-denominational Christian renewal group that proclaims that “Jesus Christ is Lord”. Men’s and Women’s weekends are held throughout the year. Tens of thousands of people have made the weekend and tens of thousands of lives have become more committed to serving our Lord Jesus. After the three day experience, Tres Dias encourages people to be in small groups to support each other in their lives as Christians while enhancing ties with their home churches and living the Christian Life in their environment.
There are now over 40 Tres Dias communities around the world. Thousands of men and women have made a Tres Dias Weekend. In America, Tres Dias was begun in 1972 and is overseen by International Tres Dias, which is made up of laity and clergy from around the world. Individual weekends are sponsored and coordinated by area groups such as Grace Gulf Coast Tres Dias which is affiliated with International Tres Dias.
To enable this to happen there are people and teams all across the nation pushing this common vision. All this requires time, investment and application of the gifts God has given to each of us.
Grace Gulf Coast Tres Dias
Grace Gulf Coast Tres Dias (GGCTD) was Chartered in Fall of 2013 with the generous and loving assistance of South East Texas Tres Dias (SETTD). Each Spring and Fall, GGCTD sponsors individual weekends for men and women. For married couples, the husband goes on a weekend first. Each attendee, called a “Candidate”, has a Sponsor who prays for the Candidate and provides assistance to help make the Candidate’s three days on the weekend free from responsibilities elsewhere. Sponsors act as a resource for their Candidate after the Weekend. The weekends are centered around talks given by Lay and Clergy Team Members which present Biblically based Christian truths and the implications of such truths to our daily lives. During the weekend, the candidates worship and study together. The atmosphere of a Tres Dias weekend is one of love, joy, patience, hope, Christian fellowship, sharing, singing, participation, laughing, and worship.
Statement of Belief
- We believe and profess our faith in one Triune God – The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19).
- We believe and profess that Jesus Christ is the only Savior and is God in the flesh (John 1:1, 1:14, 3:36 , 14: &Heb. 2:17 ).
- We believe and profess that The Holy Spirit is God and is The Lord and Giver of life, who continues to work in believers today to sanctify, edify and empower the whole Christian church on earth – – – for His purpose (Job 33:4, Acts 1:8, John 14:26 & Rom. 8:11).
- We believe and profess that the Holy Scriptures are the inspired and completely true Word of God (II Tim. 3:16-17).
- We believe and profess that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God; that forgiveness of sins is received through confession and repentance – – and that our sins are washed away through the blood of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38, I John 1:9 & Rom. 3:23).
- We believe and profess that salvation is a gift of God’s grace received through personal faith in Jesus Christ (Eph. 2:8).
- We believe and profess that the Body of Christ is to make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of The Son of God (Eph. 4:3, 13).
- We believe and profess that God’s unconditional love, as made manifest to us through Jesus Christ, is the primary witness by which people are renewed, edified and changed (I Cor. 13:8).
- We believe and profess that God has called us to live holy lives that will bring glory to His name (Col. 3:1-25).