Frequently Asked Questions
IS THERE A COST?
Yes. The cost for the weekend is approximately $170.00 per participant, $25 of which is an application fee. The cost includes three nights lodging, meals, and all materials necessary for the weekend. Financial assistance may be available and should be requested when the participant’s application is filed.
WHERE ARE ACTIVITIES HELD IN THE SOUTH EAST TEXAS AREA (FORT BEND TO SOUTH HOUSTON)?
Grace Gulf Coast Tres Dias has activities and support throughout the entire area. Tres Dias weekends are currently held at Sandy Creek Blble Camp. Transportation to and from the camp will be provided by your sponsor.
WHO MAY TAKE PART?
Tres Dias is open to all adult Christians, men and women, married or single, regardless of denomination. You must be at least 21 years old at the time of the weekend. Laity and clergy alike are invited to join the community. Husbands and wives attend different and unique Weekends. It is required that the husband attend first.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE WEEKEND?
A series of 15 talks are given by laity and clergy. These talks and their discussion in a small group cover the “short course in Christianity”, which is the basis for Tres Dias and all similar communities (Walk to Emmaus, Cursillo, etc.). The candidates worship and study together. The atmosphere of a Tres Dias weekend is one of love, joy, patience, hope, Christian fellowship, sharing, singing, participation, laughing and worship.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF PARTICIPANTS?
- To be open and willing to respond to what you experience, to share your feelings with others, and to allow them to share theirs with you.
- To make a genuine effort to discover where you are and where or how you can grow in your Christian life.
To feel secure in the knowledge that you are accepted where you are and as you are, and to know that a specific response is not expected of you.
- To be curious enough and thirsty enough for spiritual exploration and nourishment to acknowledge a need to commit a weekend of your life totally to Christ.
- To “Participate, not Anticipate”
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE WEEKEND?
Each individual who returns from the weekend with a renewed commitment to work for Christ is encouraged to join in the activities of an existing community of persons who have also experienced the weekend. The purpose of this community is to give strength and support to each other in order that each person might grow in faith and develop their particular gifts of ministry. The support is provided through two methods:
- GROUP MEETINGS (Reunions) that are held frequently when several people gather together for mutual encouragement and support through piety, study and action.
- AREA MEETINGS (Secuelas) that are meetings of larger groups of people who have participated in a weekend. Here they share and witness to others so that the Church and their own faith may be built up.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Every participant must have a sponsor, who has attended a Tres Dias (or similar) weekend. This sponsor will assist you in preparation for the weekend and, more importantly, assist you after the weekend. If you know someone in your church who has attended a Tres Dias weekend, ask them to tell you more and how to get started. Pray about it, and if you conclude that you should go, submit an application that your sponsor will provide. If you don’t know of anyone in your church who has attended a Tres Dias weekend, ask your Minister or look for friends or relatives who have attended similar weekends such as Emmaus or Cursillo. While we would like you to attend Tres Dias, all of these communities are very similar and have the same basic objectives. Are you ready to apply? Download the application here
IS TRES DIAS A DENOMINATION?
No! Tres Dias is not a substitute for church. Participation in Tres Dias cannot replace active, contributing membership in your church. Tres Dias can only help awaken the need for Christ in your life, or strengthen the walk you already have with Him. This awakening and strengthening takes on its fullest meaning when you strive to play a more committed and active role in your church community. Participants are expected, with the help of the Holy Spirit, to work toward transforming environments with the gospel of Christ
TRES DIAS STATEMENT OF BELIEF
1. We believe and profess our faith in one Triune God – The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19).
2. We believe and profess that Jesus Christ is the only Savior and is God in the flesh (John 1:1, 1:14, 3:36 , 14: &Heb. 2:17 ).
3. We believe and profess that The Holy Spirit is God and is The Lord and Giver of life, who continues to work in believers today to sanctify, edify and empower the whole Christian church on earth – – – for His purpose (Job 33:4, Acts 1:8, John 14:26 & Rom. 8:11).
4. We believe and profess that the Holy Scriptures are the inspired and completely true Word of God (II Tim. 3:16-17).
5. We believe and profess that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God; that forgiveness of sins is received through confession and repentance – – and that our sins are washed away through the blood of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38, I John 1:9 & Rom. 3:23).
6. We believe and profess that salvation is a gift of God’s grace received through personal faith in Jesus Christ (Eph. 2:8).
7. We believe and profess that the Body of Christ is to make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of The Son of God (Eph. 4:3, 13).
8. We believe and profess that God’s unconditional love, as made manifest to us through Jesus Christ, is the primary witness by which people are renewed, edified and changed (I Cor. 13:8).
9. We believe and profess that God has called us to live holy lives that will bring glory to His name (Col. 3:1-25).